Room 3 is a double (with the possibility of an extra bed), with en suite bathroom, located on the first floor. It has a reading area in front of the large window with a view of the ceremonial entrance to the church of Our Lady of Virtues.
THE HISTORICAL FIGURE
Rita Barrenechea (I Condesa del Carpio)
Portugalete (1757-1795) Madrid
- Rita Barrenechea y Morante de Lamadrid, I Condesa del Carpio and II Marquesa de la Solana, was a Spanish dramatist and writer of prose during the Enlightenment. A writer and member of the first group of women in the Junta de Damas de la Sociedad Económica Matritense (a philanthropic organisation founded by Carlos III in 1775). She moved in the capital’s most distinguished circles and her house hosted lively salons where she received the Duquesa de Alba, Goya and Jovellanos among others. She is the author of Catalin, the first theatrical work published in Spanish and Basque written by a woman.
- 1.5 m wide Double bed, (with the possibility of an extra bed. Art. 114. Section 3). Two bedside tables. Two armchairs and reading table. Wardrobe with drawers or shelves and a sufficient number of hangers. Two bedside lamps. A wastepaper bin. A spare blanket for each bed. Curtains and blackout curtains. Easy-to-use electric sockets located in visible place. In addition it has:
- Clothes stand, mirror, rack for suitcases and a light switch next to the bed head.
- Area of the room: 15.8 m2.
The bathroom is equipped with the following facilities:
- Bath, washbasin and toilet. Mirror and light above washbasin. Shelf or cupboard for toiletries. Socket. Shower screen. One set of towels per guest and place to hang them. Bath mat, a roll of toilet paper on a holder and a spare. Waste bin and toilet brush for cleaning the toilet bowl.
- It also has the following equipment: stool, non-slip floor in the bath tub, magnifying mirror, hairdryer, toiletries: hand gel, shower gel, shampoo, cologne and sanitary towel bag.
- Area of bathroom: 4.2 m2.