Room 8 is a double (with the possibility of two extra beds), with en suite bathroom, located on the first floor. It has a mosquito screen, desk and comfy armchair and a Juliet balcony overlooking the calle Jazmín.
THE HISTORICAL FIGURE
Juan Antonio Paz y Merino (Corregidor (Chief Magistrate) of Biscay and Regent of Barcelona)
Ausejo, La Rioja (1728-1800) Madrid
- Descendent of the Merinos of Ausejo. He was Corregidor of Biscay from 1779 to 1782, before being succeeded by José Colón de Larreátegui. He was also ambassador in France. He occupied the post of Oidor of Valladolid (another kind of magistrate), was a member of the Supreme Council of Castile and Regent of Barcelona. His granddaughter Josefa Paz y Merino, from Ausejo, married General Jacobo Araoz of El Redal.
- Double bed, (with the possibility of two extra beds. Art. 114. Section 3). Two bedside tables. Comfortable armchair. Desk with chair and reading lamp. Wardrobe with drawers or shelves and a sufficient number of hangers. A standard lamp and two bedside lamps. A wastepaper bin. A spare blanket for the bed. Curtains and shutters. Easy-to-use electric sockets located in visible place. In addition it has:
- Clothes stand, mirror, rack for suitcases and a light switch next to the bed head.
- Area of the room: 18.60 m2.
The bathroom is equipped with the following facilities:
- Bath, washbasin and toilet. Mirror and light above washbasin. Shelf or cupboard for toiletries. Socket. Shower screen. One set of towels per guest and place to hang them. Bath mat, a roll of toilet paper on a holder and a spare. Waste bin and toilet brush for cleaning the toilet bowl.
- It also has the following equipment: stool, non-slip floor in the shower, magnifying mirror, hairdryer, toiletries: hand gel, shower gel, shampoo, cologne and sanitary towel bag.
- Area of bathroom: 5.0 m2.